Focus on the core technology of video processing
SURVEILLANCE CITY SOLUTION
PUBLIC TRANSIT VIDEO SOLUTION
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT VIDEO SOLUTION
SURVEILLANCE CITY SOLUTION
Public Security Sub-Bureau and Information Office of Chaoyang District instantly carried out early preparation of the image information management system (hereafter called as image system) in 2006 according to the requirements in “Recommendation of Beijing on Enhancement of Image Information Management System Construction” (Jingzhengfa  No. 17) and have achieved some achievements. To welcome Olympics and complete construction task deployed by Beijing City, construction of the image system is listed into the critical municipal project of the district office in 2007 and is completed under the leadership of the district information office and cooperation of the district public security sub-bureau, district comprehensive office and district emergency office.
To carry out the requirements of “human oriented, comprehensive, coordinative and sustainable scientific development idea and construction of social harmonious society”, improve the general level of the social comprehensive management and public service of Chaoyang district, realize informatization, standardization, refinement and intelligence of city’s comprehensive management, and ensure timely discovery, handling and solution of problems in city development, Chaoyang district considerably plans public functions such as city management and emergency command, constructs the intelligent social refining management project based on the image information technologies , and ensures smoothness of the Olympics test match and Olympics with “Create safety with technology” as the main body. Design and construction target of Chaoyang district image information management system project:
a. Completely improve the social management and public security management of the Chaoyang district and meet present and future management requirements of different departments to most extent.
b. Share the image information resource, utilize current related resources to the most extent, and reduce repeated construction. ● Adopt mature and advanced video technology standard and technology specification, integrate present application system, and extensively apply the advanced technology standards.
c. Reduce repeated investment of the manpower, material and finance to most extent from construction, application and management pattern design and realize scientific design and reasonable planning.
d. Meet corresponding requirements of 2008 Olympics for social management, security guarantee and public service.
The Chaoyang district image information management system mainly integrates image resources from 33 Olympics, surrounding areas and social units, dedicated image resources of Beijing Public Security Bureau and Beijing Sharing Image resources. Now over 5000-channel front-end video sources are included. Digital construction mode is used. The local autonomous system is composed of the devices such as coder/decoder and image management control devices. The dedicated platform should be compatible to present local autonomous system in case of integration of video resources and can connect the video images of the municipal public security simulation system, Beijing sharing platform and Olympics command headquarters. The images from 5000-channel video sources will be integrated to the dedicated platform in this project to complete construction of related systems.
1. This project includes four parts:
a. Public security command center
b. Management and maintenance center
c. Public security dedicated platform
d. Foundational network
2. This project includes the following systems:
2.1 Construction of public security command center
a. Device room system of command center
b. Large-screen display system of command center.
c. Image reading system of command center
2.2 Construction of management and maintenance center
a. Image reading system of management and maintenance center
2.3 Construction of public security dedicated platform
a. Real-time image system of dedicated platform
b. History image system of dedicated platform
c. Assisted application system of dedicated platform
d. Support application system of dedicated platform
PUBLIC TRANSIT VIDEO SOLUTION
With quick development of city economy and continuous growth of city scale, the motor vehicles and road traffic are quickly growing, especially the issues such as more buses, extended lines, more vehicle trips and jammed public traffic become prominent in the large cities, which incur many inconveniences to life of citizens. Now, the municipal bus traffic system shows the following features: the scheduling and management centers are relatively centralized, but the buses are distributed at different corners of the city. The passengers of the bus system are mobile and the passenger traffic is heavy. The bus stations are plentiful and the environment is complicated, which does not facilitate management. The collected data information is diversified, including conditions of drivers and passengers to monitor, operation states of vehicles to collect, and alarms to collect in real time. The real-time scheduling performance should be high and the scheduling command should be distributed in real time.
a. Better integration The system integrates video monitoring, GIS electronic maps and GPS vehicle positioning system for emergency response in scheduling and command.
b. Limitless scalability Using the middleware technology, the system is easy to extend, and can support intelligent industry application, as well as connecting with other business systems.
c. Reliable stability The system supports hybrid networking of wired and wireless devices, provides load balance functions, and supports registration and management of over 10,000 devices.
1. Foundational functions The system supports video browsing, video grouping, video patrol inspection, pan/tilt control, video playback, remote video downloading and image snapshotting.
2. Vehicle positioning The system can display position and driving data of vehicles, including longitude and latitude, driving speed, direction and device failure information.
3. Electronic map The platform provides perfect GIS electronic map services, which can easily view the driving position and path of vehicles based on GPS vehicle positioning.
4. Voice talkback The operators at the monitoring center can talk with the drivers and passengers via the voice in case of an emergency or critical notification.
5. Alarm linkage The system supports missing video alarm, mobile detection alarm and manual alarm for emergency. The center can instantly receive alarms and operate corresponding videos.
6. Driving records The system can record driving state, including the onboard sensor black box (device support required), and can store and upload the information to the monitoring center.
7. Mobile monitoring The commanding and scheduling persons and leaders can view the images of the key lines in real time in order to find problems in time, make remote decision, and receive alarms.
8. System management The system supports time synchronization, automatic database update, remote device upgrade, OSD character overlapping and online vehicle state display and query.
MEDIUM-SCALE INDUSTRY SOLUTION
With quick development of urbanization construction in China and other emerging economies, the population fluidity is increasing and urbanization incurs a series of city management problems such as traffic and security. As the technology support for “assist decision, lead practice and guide prevention” modern city prevention and control system, the video monitoring system is an effective means to improve security sense of citizens and strengthen dynamic social security, management and control. In recent years, provinces, cities and partial enterprises are actively organizing and implementing construction of different video monitoring system, have established preliminary city security video information network with different characteristics, apply extensively them into security, traffic, city management, stability maintenance and emergency handling, and anti-terrorism. With popularization and deepening of the video monitoring system, the old construction and management modes have some problems:
1. Different construction modes and standards Now most of the constructed video monitoring systems compose independent systems and are lack of uniform planning and technology coordination. All platforms are independent of each other, so they form the isolated image information islands and can not effectively share the image resources.
2. Confliction between system scale and management With deepening of the video monitoring system application, the system scale is continuously expanding and it becomes more difficult to manage video monitoring systems at different sites, so the requirements for integration and management optimization of existing video monitoring system resources are becoming stronger. With operation of many video systems, how to effectively utilize the massive video resources becomes important now. The high-definition age proposes more refined requirements such as standardized video decoding/coding, transmission, storage and intelligent retrieval. Now it becomes the urgent requirements to construct a uniform video monitoring management platform system, share the video image resources via the network, and provide foundational video resources.
a. Ultra-strong system integration The PVG system features open structure and multiple interfaces, can be integrated with other monitoring alarm systems in different manners via the standard RS485 or RS232 serial port and TCP/IP network protocol, and can be interconnected with the electronic gate systems and video command system. The PVG system can integrate with the video monitoring sub-system, GIS sub-system and gate sub-systems. The integration work includes reconstruction of the interface and data sharing channel and implementation of single-point login, uniform authentication and uniform main operation interface.
b. Perfect operation and maintenance management The system provides better privilege management mechanism and can set the user privileges for privilege management. The authorized users can operate related functions and devices. The role management function can specify user roles and assign role privilege. The system can realize data management, system synchronization and clock synchronization function, provide uniform system configuration management service, and provide technical service for platform management persons.
c. Uniform user interface The platform should have a friendly user interface, can realize “one-stop resource integration and sharing service, one-push connection with associated platform, one client software, one portal WEB webpage, one user account, uniform interface and uniform portal”.
d. Perfect trunk management mechanism The PVG system provides perfect trunk management mechanism and optimized and transparent dynamic routing selection algorithm, supports star-type, tree-type and loop-type topology video network, and supports trunk reservation, trunk multiplexing, trunk route selection, trunk locking and seizing, trunk seizing and processing and trunk query.
e. Efficient and robust ROFS file system The ROFS file system can effectively reduce the video fragment, support to store the video frames, and extremely improve the system robustness and efficiency.
f. Powerful middleware technologies The system uses the POSA video middleware technology and can be quickly compatible to different front devices from different manufacturers (including matrix, coder/decoder and IPC) for quick interconnection. When a new device is added, only one driver is added and the bottom-layer program and application will not be changed. The design will not be changed and the complicated customization development is not required. The system supports PEG2/MPEG4/H.264/MJPEG coder/decoder from Haikang, Bokang and Dahua manufacturers and supports different coder/decoders in one system.
g. Compatibility to mainstream monitoring products The compatible products nearly cover all mainstream matrixes, pans/tilts, harddisk recorder, coder/decoder and alarm host.
1. Image view The system can realize “one-device and multi-screen” monitoring, directly broadcast snapshotted images, and support multi-resolution video decoding and multiple vide play modes.
2. Group management The system supports to group the cameras by the monitoring areas, management privileges and actual operation conditions (e.g. travel route), e.g. group cameras by government, hospital, bank and school, or by user-defined key monit9oring area.
3. Integration of monitoring and patrol inspection The system can set the patrol inspection of images, patrol inspection objects, and patrol inspection time for the full-network monitoring points at the set interval and support priority of the task privilege.
4. Video playback and retrieval The system supports multi-image simultaneous playback, multi-function play-back, multiple playback operation, image snapshotting, video pre-recording setup and video file retrieving.
5. Video arming The system supports real-time intelligent rule analysis of videos and can preset the alarm linkage rule. When an event meeting a rule occurs, the platform will arm it. The armed cameras will simultaneously open the monitoring images, realize monitoring and locking of the case sites, and give out real-time alarms. The intelligent rule analysis functions include missing article detection, leaving article detection, thread tripping detection, intrusion detection, lingering detection, reverse walking detection, population convergence detection and traffic statistics detection.
6. Electronic maps The system integrates electronic maps in order to realize integrated management of different video resources based on the GIS, and provides intuitive and visual applications of the monitoring images.
7. Video image quality diagnosis The system can diagnose the video image quality automatically such as snowflake, noise, legibility exception, luminance anomaly and video loss, and generate diagnosis reports.
8. Operation and maintenance management The system can monitor and manage the operation state of the platform, provide history snapshots and statistics output for front-end devices, host devices and storage device, and provide failure alarm, diagnosis and recovery handling flow.
9. Performance evaluation The performance evaluation function aims to manage system users, including user privilege setup. This function can summarize and output operation and maintenance handling conditions of the platform via log management and report management, which is basis for evaluation of related persons.
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT VIDEO SOLUTION
The solution of Public Security Application Platform is the whole solution for video management applications of different traffic authorities. The Public Security Application Platform can continuously and automatically record composition, traffic distribution and illegal behaviors of the vehicles on the roads via the integrated bayonet system, provide important technical means and evidences to quickly find and punish the illegal traffic behaviors, solve escape behavior in traffic accidents, find stolen motor vehicles and beat false license plates, offer important foundation and operation data for traffic management and traffic planning, realize resource sharing, integrated data analysis and data mining, and provide scientific and modern decision means for nationwide and local traffic management authorities.
The Public Security Application Platform includes the integrated bayonet management and control system and integrated management and control system of motor vehicles.
1. Integrated bayonet management and control system: The integrated bayonet management and control system is deployed in the dedicated vide network, integrates the bayonet resources, electronic public security resource, road video resources, image information taken by mobile terminals (mobile phone and camera) via the dedicated video network, establishes the vehicle image information resource library, and completes before-accident and in-accident application such as vehicle capturing, snapshot, speed measurement, feature recognition and storage.
2. Integrated management and control system of motor vehicles: The integrated management and control system for motor vehicles is deployed in the public security information network, can synchronize the vehicle image information of the bayonets to the image information resource library of the integrated management and control system for motor vehicles via the dedicated video network, exchange data with the public security business systems such as illegal traffic action business system, PGIS system, stolen and robbed vehicle information system, motor vehicle registration and driver’s license management system via the data interface server, and realize practice applications such as after-accident vehicle image information query, retrieval, determination, string and analysis and association and comparison.
a. Ultra-strong compatibility The platform features ultra-strong compatibility and can be compatible to the bayonets and electronic security systems of popular brands on the market.
b. Integrated extraction of vehicle information The platform can extract the vehicle’s license plate number, license plate color, vehicle body color, vehicle mark and vehicle model via deep mining and second analysis on the foundational data in the bayonet system and video monitoring system and can realize association and comparison of case information, stringing and determination of cases, and determination and analysis of technical tactics.
c. Automatic monitoring of equipment operation state The platform can automatically monitor operation states of whole-network equipment, including different front-end equipment, server equipment, and storage equipment and display operation conditions of each device in a graphic manner. When an exceptional state occurs on the device, the system will automatic inform alarms and generate the repair report.
1. Second extraction of vehicle information For incompleteness of vehicle information collected by the front-end devices of the established bayonet system, the platform can extract the collected vehicle information again and acquire accurate, reliable and complete vehicle information.
2. Bayonet multiplexing The platform can connect the public security video monitoring images and social video monitoring images, detect and track vehicles, collect information on vehicles, and automatically recognize the vehicle’s license plate number, license plate color, vehicle body color, vehicle mark and vehicle type.
3. Investigation and arming The platform can realize investigation and arming for the stolen vehicles, illegal vehicles, involved vehicles, dangerous persons and vehicles, interested vehicles and white-list vehicles.
4. Statistical analysis The system supports statistics by interval, vehicle traffic, license plate color, license plate type, vehicle alarm and vehicle speed or by hour, day, month, and year.
5. Spatial and temporal analysis The system supports to analyze in/out frequency of vehicles at an interval and a site and at an internal and different sites.
6. Vehicle tracking analysis The system supports to realize associated analysis on all recorded vehicles, analyze relation with the target vehicles and adjacent vehicles, and provide tracking clues for different cases.
7. Quick location With the retrieval service, the system supports advanced retrieval modes such as search by vehicle image and text and can quickly locate the target vehicles.
8. Information publishing The information is mainly published to the traffic coordinators and realizes the case information publishing, case summary and publication, alarm publishing and patrol management information publishing inside the traffic authorities via the system clients.